Links: Research Tools and Bibliographies
[ Index ]
- Research Guide to Federal Theatre Project Materials.
- Finding aids from George Mason University Special Collections & Archives' Federal Theatre Project Collection.
- Ayer Company Publishers | Depression
- The Ayer Company offers for purchase a collection of reprints of important books on a wide variety of social topics pertaining to the Great Depression, which were originally published during the 1930s.
- National Archives and Records Administration
- The National Archives has started to scanned and put online many New Deal-era collections, including Lewis Hine's TVA photo series. These images can be found by searching the NAIL database. A New Deal for the Arts, an online exhibit of the National Archives, Covers the federally-supported art projects of the Great Depression. Roosevelt and the Supreme Court: Constitutional Issues asks students to examine documents from the National Archives relating to Franklin Roosevelt's attempt to increase the number of justices on the Supreme Court.
Franklin D. Roosevelt Library and Museum
- The Web site of the Franklin D. Roosevelt Library, the first of the Presidential Libraries, contains biographical information on Franklin and a finding aid to the collections there. The site is maintained by Marist College.
- American National Biography Online (Restricted to Subscribing Institutions)
- A comprehensive resource for biographical information on New Deal era figures. Available, by subscription, via many University internet accounts.