Links: Government Agencies
[ Index ]
- National Archives and Records Administration
- The National Archives has scanned and put online many New Deal-era collections, including Lewis Hine's TVA photo series. These images can be found by searching the NAIL database. A New Deal for the Arts, an online exhibit of the National Archives, Covers the federally-supported art projects of the Great Depression. Roosevelt and the Supreme Court: Constitutional Issues asks students to examine documents from the National Archives relating to Franklin Roosevelt's attempt to increase the number of justices on the Supreme Court.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Library and Museum
- The Web site of the Franklin D. Roosevelt Library, the first of the Presidential Libraries, contains biographical information on Franklin and a finding aid to the collections there. The site is maintained by Marist College.
- Social Security Administration | History Page
- Maintained by Social Security Administration Historian Larry DeWitt, the site contains useful historical information on the formation of the Social Security Administration.
- Department of Labor | History
- This short history was written by Judson MacLaury, Departmental Historian, in recognition of the 75th anniversary of the Department in 1988.
- Rural Utilities Service
- The New Deal's Rural Electrification Administration is now the Rural Utilities Service. One of its current missions is to supply Internet technologies to under-served rural areas.
- A Short History of the TVA
- On the Tennessee Valley Authority Web site.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, Thirty-Second President 1933-1945
- One of the Presidential Biographies on the White House Web site.